15 Startling Visual Content Marketing Stats You Need to Know Now
You keep hearing it, you keep reading it. When developing a content marketing strategy you need to get visual, in a big way. However, you find it hard to spare the time and resources needed to keep your current content marketing efforts going, let alone add more hours and expense into the mix creating image cards, memes, GIFs, infographics and the half dozen other forms of visual content you’re heard you should be trying out.
The fact is though that visual content marketing is big, and is only getting bigger. There is still a place for great, original written content, but supplementing it with enticing imagery is a must. Why? These statistics are just of the very good reasons:
1) When the average adult reads information, they are likely to remeber less than 20% of it just three days later. When that information is paired with a relevant image that increases to up to 65% information retention rates. In other words, it’s the reason you should never publish a blog post without an image and why infographics really do work.
2) Cisco is currently predicting that 80% of all Internet traffic will be made up of video content by the end of 2019.
3) According to a recent Forrester Research report four times as many consumers prefer to watch a product video versus reading a long product descrption.
4) According to email giants Mailchimp the use of the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%.
5) According to Facebook, users there spend three times more time watching videos in posts than they do reading text posts.
6) According to HubSpot, posts containing infographics are liked and shared on social media three times more than any other type of content.
7) Tweets with images garner 150% more retweets than text only posts.
8) When conducting an analysis of their own content, Buzzfeed found that the articles that contained an image every 75-100 words garnered double the social media engagement – likes, shares, retweets etc. – than the pieces with fewer images.
9) A text post with a relevant image will get, on average, 2.3 times more engagement than a text and link only post.
10) 8 billion videos are watched by Facebook users every day.
11) 10 billion videos are watched by SnapChat users every day.
12) SnapChat users share 9,000 images…every second!
13) 44% of women who describe themselves as regular Internet users make regular use of Pinterest, compared to 16% of online men.
14) According to Shopify, users who are referred to retail site via a Pin spend, on average, $80, double the amount spent by the average Facebook referral.
15) YouTube reaches more 18-35 year olds during prime time viewing hours than any cable television network. SnapChat reaches more 16-21 year olds during these same hours as any television network.
These are just some of the rather eye-opening stats you can find about the reach and impact of visual content in marketing in 2017. If you dig around a little you’ll find many more. Making use of them to help you define a better visual content marketing strategy may take a little extra time, but all the signs – and stats – do point to it being time very well spent.Koehler Home Decor is a wholesaler of home decor accessories and unique gifts. Source quality wholesale merchandise at KoehlerHomeDecor.com and find tips for promoting your business on our blog.